Below is a list of some of the recent papers published in scientific journals by our faculty members:
- Alan, C., Cinar, M. (2022). Interpretation of temperature transient data from coupled reservoir and wellbore model for single phase fluids. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 209:109913
- Deniz-Paker, M., Cinar, M. (2022). An experimental investigation of in situ combustion in high permeability contrast systems. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 144(7): 073007
- Alqam, M.H., Abu-Khamsin, S.A., Sultan, A.S., Okasha, T.M., Yildiz, H.O. (2021). Effect of rock mineralogy and oil composition on wettability alteration and interfacial tension by brine and carbonated water. Energy and Fuels, 33(3):1983-1989.
- Zarepakzad, N., Artun, E., Durgut, I. (2021). A comparative analysis and rapid performance prediction of polymer flooding process by coupling reservoir simulation with neural networks. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, 27(3):227-246.
- Mugisha, J., Al-Rbeawi, S., Artun, E. (2021). Analytical modeling of flow regimes during cyclic CO2 injection in hydraulically fractured tight reservoirs for enhanced oil recovery. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 201:108385
- Artun, E. (2020). Performance assessment and forecasting of cyclic gas injection into a hydraulically fractured well using data analytics and machine learning. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 195:107768.
- Artun, E., Kulga, B. (2020). Selection of candidate wells for re-fracturing in tight gas sand reservoirs using fuzzy inference. Petroleum Exploration and Development, 47(2):413-420.
- Ozdemir, A., Palabiyik, Y., Yasar, E., Gullu, A. (2022). A new approach to estimate drilling time, rate of penetration, and drillability of formations in oil and gas exploration and production basins of Turkey. Geomechanics and Geophysics for Geo-Energy and Geo-Resources, 8(94).
- Ozdemir, A., Yaşar, E., Palabiyik, Y., Güllü, A. (2022). Relationship between rates of penetration and costs per meter of tricone rock bits: Cases from Southeastern Anatolia and Thrace basins (Turkey). International Journal of Earth Sciences Knowledge and Applications, 4(1), 77-99.
- Ettehadi, A., Ulker, C., Altun, G. (2022) Nonlinearity in large amplitude oscillatory shear of drilling fluid: A comparative study on the oil and water base muds behavior. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 208:109536
- Ettehadi, A., Ulker, C., Altun, G. (2022) Nonlinear viscoelastic rheological behavior of bentonite and sepiolite drilling fluids under large amplitude oscillatory shear. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 208:109210
- Kor, K., Ertekin, S., Yamanlar, S., Altun, G. (2021). Penetration rate prediction in heterogeneous formations: A geomechanical approach through machine learning. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 207:109138
- Ozyurtkan, M.H., Evcimen, O.B. (2021). Determination of formation temperature from the mud return libe data of a geothermal well. Afyon Kocatepe University Science and Engineering Journal, 21:229-235.
- Ozdemir, A., Güllü, A., Yaşar, E., Palabiyik, Y. (2021). Drilling engineering assessment and cost analysis of oil and gas wells drilled in onshore of Turkey. International Journal of Earth Sciences Knowledge and Applications, 3(3), 235-243.
- Asadov, S., Ozyurtkan, M.H. (2020). Investigation of the effect of the change of the well cement setting temperature caused by additives on casing design. Bitlis Eren University Journal of Science, 4.
- Ettehadi, A., Tezcan, M., Altun, G. (2020). Rheological behavior of water-clay suspensions under large amplitude oscillatory shear. Rheologica Acta, 59(9):665-683.
- Ozturk, U., Tureyen, O.I., Satman, A. (2021). A study on the proper location of observation wells for various boundary conditions for geothermal reservoirs. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 203, 108588.
- Turan, A., Artun, E., Saner, S. (2021). Probabilistic assessment of geothermal resources and their development in Dikili-Izmir region. SN Applied Sciences, 3(6):1-13.
- Ozdemir, A., Arabaci, F., Palabiyik, Y. (2021). Reevaluation of geothermal potential of Çubukludağ Graben (Western Anatolia, Turkey). International Journal of Earth Sciences Knowledge and Applications, 3(2), 70-88.
- Ozdemir, A., Palabiyik, Y., Arabaci, F. (2021). Geological structure and geothermal potential of the southeastern Alaşehir, Gediz Graben (Western Anatolia, Turkey). International Journal of Earth Sciences Knowledge and Applications, 3(3), 190-207
Yamanlar, S., Korkmaz Basel, E.D., Sarpen, U. (2020). Assessment of geothermal power potential in Buyuk Menderes Basin, Turkey. Geothermics, 88, No: 101912
- Ozdemir, A., Palabiyik, Y., Karataş, A. Sahinoglu, A. (2022). Mature petroleum hydrocarbons contamination in surface and subsurface waters of Kızılırmak Graben (Central Anatolia, Turkey): Geochemical evidence for a working petroleum system associated with a possible salt diapir. Turkish Journal of Engineering, 6(1), 1-15.
- Ozdemir, A., Sahinoglu, A., Palabiyik, Y., Karataş, A. (2021). Reservoir-targeted oil and gas exploration in metamorphic and magmatic rocks of the Niğde Massif (Central Anatolia, Turkey). Journal of Scientific Reports-A, 47, 1-26.
- Ozdemir, A., Palabiyik, Y. (2020). A comprehensive evaluation of the oil and gas source rocks’ presence in Turkey in the light of paleotectonic and paleogeographic data through Paleozoic - Miocene geological time interval. European Journal of Science and Technology, 20, 120-146.